This item has been sold and is no longer available. If you would like us to build a similar one for you email email@example.com and reference item #19694.
Black Walnut Starter Valhalla Screen
Crafted in Black Walnut with Natural Finish.
Big Utility in a Small Package
Whether you are a novice DM, experienced traveler, or digital nomad, our Starter Screens provide the essentials to get you up and running quickly wherever you are.
- Break apart magnetic design for easy storage.
- Each panel measures roughly 6 in. x 7 in., providing an efficient footprint for your setup
- Metal rods hold your screen together firmly and allow full rotation of each screen to fit your table and GM style.
- All starter screens chain together for easy expansion.
- 12 embedded magnets on the back of the screen for holding 2 included Plexiglass panels for note taking or steel bearings for posting charts and tables. 4 Bearings are included with every Screen.
- Inline initiative track along the top of every panel. Comes with 6 Plexiglass initiative trackers great for use with dry or wet erase markers.
- Each panel is crafted from 0.625 in. solid, kiln dried hardwood. Our screens are created from hand selected boards, banded together horizontally to prevent movement of the wood for a lifetime of use.
Speaking of Black Walnut, this species may lack the flash of woods like Bubinga, but in its simplicity it remains a classic that is highly prized. The heartwood is rich with creamy, purplish or greyish browns, ranging from dark to tan, and made all the more striking when it meets the equally creamy, very light brown to white sapwood. Native to the Midwest and eastern North America, Black Walnut is highly sought after for its appearance and how easily it is worked. The softest wood we offer, Black Walnut rates 1010 on the Janka hardness scale. Our Viking Lumberjack predecessors may have used this wood for higher end products. We do know, though, that walnuts were frequently used in dishes.