Valhalla begins to awaken once more!
In March, the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and State of Michigan mandates forced us to close our doors to help protect our workers and our community. It has been a difficult time for the whole DMG family while we watched our small company and many others struggle to survive. Thankfully, due to the hard work of our leadership and the amazing support from our community we are still here and ready to start the process of re-opening.
What does Re-Opening Look Like?
Our number one priority while we resume operations is the safety of our team. Michigan has lifted the mandated closure for manufacturers and has issued a complex set of guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID. We intend to follow these guidelines fully as we re-open.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Taking team member’s temperatures and asking a symptom checklist before allowing them to work.
- Requiring the entire team wear masks and providing them with plenty of sanitizers, soap, and anything else they may need to stay safe.
- Moving equipment or staggering shifts to prevent workers standing too close to one another.
- Restricting all tours, outside visits, and after work hangouts (unfortunately DMG Game Night is cancelled until further notice).
- Daily deep cleaning of the entire shop and disinfecting tools between use.
- Developing a no touch shipping and deliveries system.
Over the past week we have started the process of re-staffing, disinfecting the entire shop, implementing new safety measures, and servicing all the machinery.
What Can Our Customers Expect?
First thank you to all the amazing people who continued to cheer us on, ordered in stock, and sent us positive messages while we were closed. Your support was instrumental in helping us keep going during one of the scariest times this company has ever had. As we open our doors it will take some time for things to get back to normal. We have been shut down since March and we expect it will take about 8 weeks for our production to completely return to normal levels. As we start to pick up the pieces and get things moving again, we are asking all our customers to be aware of a few temporary procedures:
- We received thousands of emails while our customer service team was shut down. We are hoping that this message will answer many of the questions you may have had but if it does not please send the email again and we will be sure to get back to you as soon as we can. Our customer service team will be back up and running in full on Monday May 18th. We expect a lot of correspondence so there may be longer response times then normal. Please note that continuing to send the same email will further slow down our response times.
- KS fulfillment will be slowed significantly for the next 8 weeks. We ask for your patience and understand your frustration. Know that you are going to still receive your pledges and once we have the place back up to speed this is a top priority for the company. We will still be giving monthly updates for each of our outstanding projects.
- We are not going to be issuing refunds for 8 weeks. We know that some of your items are past their estimated build time because of the shut-down. Please give us the opportunity to catch up on that lost time before requesting a refund. If after 8 weeks you would still like to cancel your order, we will be happy to assist you. Please note that we will still be accepting returns for items that were mispacked or had any quality issues.
- To get production back to speed as fast as possible we will be retiring the following products starting 5/18/2020: Token Shields, Adventure Cases, Dice Chests, and Theme Boxes. You might see them pop up on in-stock from time to time, but they will no longer be available for custom order. Please note that anyone who has ordered any of these items will still receive theirs.
Looking Towards the Future
We want to assure everyone that Dog Might is still here and we plan to come out of this stronger than ever! While we were gone, we thought of some crazy cool ideas that we cannot wait to show you. But first we need to gather our Vikings and Lumberjacks, come up with a battleplan, and get the longships sailing again. There has been some stormy weather, but we can see the return of fun and adventure ahead. Thanks for joining us on this journey as we sail to a brighter horizon!